Would You Be an Effective Teacher?
Researchers agree that the most effective teachers have three characteristics in common. The first characteristic is your ability to have positive expectations for student success. What you expect from your students is what they will produce. The second characteristic is your ability to manage your classroom . The practices and procedures you use to maintain the classroom environment will allow teaching and learning to occur. The third characteristic is your knowledge of the subject matter and your ability to design lessons for students. A well-designed lesson will help ensure that your students are successful learners.
Visit the following links to learn more!
Characteristics of Successful Teachers
- Five Quick Classroom Management Tips for Novice Teachers
- New Teacher Survival Guide: Classroom Management
- 6 Classroom Management Tips Every Teacher Can Use
Lesson Plan Design
- Wikipedia: Lesson Plans
- Strategies for Effective Lesson Planning
- Smithsonian: Lesson Plans
- Young Scientist Challenge: Lesson Plans
Subject Matter Knowledge
What’s your next step for becoming a teacher in California? Find the answer by making a Personal Career Plan!