English Language Arts
What do you do to relax and relieve stress?
When I go home I am a CSI: Criminal Minds person or any kind of documentary, I love those. So that’s my daily. My daily thing also is to read newspapers. I’m a media major, so going through the newspaper is my little every day thing. I am very active in my church so my spiritual life is critical. Then I travel. I travel, I go see art exhibits. I can’t draw a stickman, but I am amazed at what people can do. I love music, jazz, so I go to different concerts, I go to plays. My family. So that is my support. I have gone across country five times. In the summer train, Amtrak, I just love it. I try to work in a train trip every year to relax and just look at the countryside and the beauty and that type of thing. So that’s what helps me.
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- What do you like best about being a teacher?
- How would you describe a typical day?
- What does it take to be a good English Language Arts teacher?
- How would you describe your job to someone considering a teacher career?
- How do you balance the demands of teaching and your personal life?
- What is your biggest challenge as an ELA teacher?
- How do you handle the paperwork?
- What advice would you give to a first-year teacher?
- How do you work as a team with teachers, administrators and parents?
- What do you do to relax and relieve stress?