English Language Arts
How do you handle the paperwork?
A running joke is that you can tell an English teacher by the size of their carts, because we are dragging things around. The managing of the paperwork is an ongoing process. What I usually do, I have my music going or something and I’m here late, getting the grading done. I think it’s important for the students to know where they are in their grades as close to real-time as possible so that they can make those adjustments through the year.
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- What do you like best about being a teacher?
- How would you describe a typical day?
- What does it take to be a good English Language Arts teacher?
- How would you describe your job to someone considering a teacher career?
- How do you balance the demands of teaching and your personal life?
- What is your biggest challenge as an ELA teacher?
- How do you handle the paperwork?
- What advice would you give to a first-year teacher?
- How do you work as a team with teachers, administrators and parents?
- What do you do to relax and relieve stress?