English Language Arts
What do you like best about being a teacher?
I like the creativity of it, how it relates to life and also how it can branch off in so many different directions. Not only learning what we call the canon, the core of what we think is important for us as American’s to know, but also, you’re able to have those opportunities to tap into just being a human. What it is about the human experience and then looking at other aspects of what has happened and trying to inform the students about the challenges they may have in life. I love the literature; I love how it taps into the various aspects of living and also into business. So you are preparing them not only for life, but you are preparing them either for college if they are going that route or business if they are going into the work world. It has so many avenues that it can help students.
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- What do you like best about being a teacher?
- How would you describe a typical day?
- What does it take to be a good English Language Arts teacher?
- How would you describe your job to someone considering a teacher career?
- How do you balance the demands of teaching and your personal life?
- What is your biggest challenge as an ELA teacher?
- How do you handle the paperwork?
- What advice would you give to a first-year teacher?
- How do you work as a team with teachers, administrators and parents?
- What do you do to relax and relieve stress?