Find a Teaching Job
There is a general shortage of teachers in the following areas, although specific needs vary by district:
- Urban areas
- Rural areas
- Special Education
- Bilingual Education
Where Are Teachers Needed?
DataQuest provides projected teacher hires. Follow these steps to discover the numbers via DataQuest:
- Select the level (state, county, school district, school).
- Select “Projected teacher hires” in “Subject.”
- Click “Submit.”
How To Find a Job
The following are suggestions and resources assisting teachers in finding jobs where desired while creating a strong professional marketability.
- Make sure you meet the requirements for the type of teaching job you want.
- Classroom experience can increase your chance of being hired. Get involved in service learning or substitute teaching if you have no experience.
- Have a resumé, transcripts, references, and letters of recommendation available.
- Decide where you want to teach and have acceptable alternatives.
- Conduct a thorough job search:
Ways to Increase Your Marketability
It is difficult to predict what types of credentials are needed by which school districts, but there are ways to increase your potential for finding a job.